Select bibliography
  • The School
  • Research
  • Academic events
  • Training
  • Documentary resources
  • Publications
  • Members



  • P. Demargne, 'Recherches sur le site de l’Anavlochos', BCH 55 (1931), pp. 365-407.
    A. Farnoux, J. Driessen, 'Recherches sur l’Anavlochos', BCH 115 (1991), pp. 735-741.
    K. Nowicki, Defensible Sites in Crete c. 1200-800 B.C. (LM IIB/IIIC through Early Geometric), Aegaeum 21 (2000), pp. 171-173.
    O. Pilz, M. Krumme, 'Il deposito votivo di Kako Plai sull’Anavlochos: risultati preliminari dello studio dei materiali', in G. Rizza (ed.) Identità culturale, Etnicità, Processi di Trasformazione a Creta fra Dark Age e Arcaismo (2011), pp. 323-332.
    S. A. Wallace, 'Case Studies of Settlement Change in Early Iron Age Crete c. 1200-700 BC: Economic Models of Cause and Effect Reassessed', AeA 4 (2001), pp. 69-75.
    V. Zographaki, 'Νέες έρευνες στον οικισμό του Αναβλόχου Βραχασίου', Επιστημονική Επετηρίς, τόμος Γ (2012), pp. 499-509.
    V. Zographaki, F. Gaignerot-Driessen, M. Devolder, 'Nouvelles recherches sur l’Anavlochos', BCH 136.137.2 (2012-2013) [2015], pp. 513-535.
     
    Ongoing research is published in the form of preliminary reports and articles in the Bulletin de Correspondance hellénique. Full publications appear in the Etudes crétoises series.
     


    © EfA / F. Gaignerot-Driessen



     

    ARCHIMAGE : The latest pictures

    IMAGE
    Delphes - Sanctuaire d'Apollon - E1923

    Sujet : figure en ronde bosse face Matériau : marbre Décor : Antinoüs Technique : ronde bosse,
    Archimage is intended to gradually put online the graphic and photographic documents, kept in the Archives service of FSA.

    Archaeology in Greece ONLINE

    GRAMMATIKO, Mavro Vouno-6092
    Grammatiko, Mavro Vouno, Drainage works. E. Mpanou (B' ????) reports on the discovery of finds dating from the Final Neolithic to the Early Byzantine period. The area of the drainage works consists of two hills and a valley between them (Fig. 1). Antiquities were located on the hills only. North hill: an extensive circular structure was revealed (Figs. 2, 3), which served as a retaining wall. The structure enclosed a deposit containing pottery (Fig. 4), and numerous burnt bones, and obsidian and flint tools (Fig. 5) were founds within its limits. The pottery from the deposit and the surrounding area date the structure to the Final Neolithic to the Early Bronze Age. In addition, 6 rock-cut graves were excavated on the east side of the structure. The graves had been covered with schist plaq
    ....
    A collaborative project with the BSA.